- Think you're up for a little one on one?
- I'm the best driver in town, but sometimes I like a little risk. Beatin' you rookies isn't much of a challenge, so let's raise the stakes.
- You beat me, and I'll give you The Magnum, a grill for that piece of junk you drive.
- Beat Starky to the finish line
Note: This mission will not be available immediately after you complete the quest "Win the Dusty 8" and win the Cuprino. First, you'll have to go see Sheriff Black to complete the quest "Cuprino Needed" (and pick up the mission "Resupply the Watch Tower" right away, since that way you won't have to return to him again to do this).
Before you try this mission, consider visiting Rusty to see what he can do about your vehicle, and earning enough Racing Certificates to at least get the max boost for the Cuprino; a better engine also would come in real handy if you have enough patience. (Note that the "Murder & Mayhem" races are now available.)
When the race starts, run him off the road right away, then steal all the boost powerups. Done this way, the race should be a cakewalk.
- Completing the "Starky's Challenge" is the only way to get the Magnum upgrade.