|“||There are people who stand up against the Authority. You could be useful to them. They call themselves the Resistance.||„|
|—Antonin Kvasir, to the protagonist|
The Resistance is a faction featured in RAGE. Despite being outnumbered by any other faction present, this group of people who oppose the Authority are the one of the major forces in the game. They seek to destroy the Authority's power over the Wasteland, and in doing so have led themselves to becoming outlawed and hunted by the Authority. Made up of individuals from throughout the wastelands, it is the largest collection of Ark Survivors outside of the Authority. Led by Captain John Marshall, an Ark Survivor himself, they seek to discover the Authority's true intentions.
They have a base of operations in major cities of the Wasteland. In the Northern Wasteland it is located in the back of the "Second Chance" bar in Wellspring, and in the Eastern Wasteland it is found below Saul's Garage in Subway Town.
The protagonist first encounters them in the town of Wellspring after being told to find them by Antonin Kvasir. Granting his Ark 437a ID Drive with information vital to the Resistance, and later finding the Authority's lost research data in the Dead City, Raine quickly finds out that they may well be the best chance the world has for survival, as they are the only ones who care about the people of the Wasteland's future.
- Antonin Kvasir — Former Authority scientist
- Charon - Transporter
- Elizabeth Cadence — Mutant researcher
- Jack Portman — Munitions expert
- John Marshall — The movement's leader
- Mark Lassard — Computer expert
- Saul — Soldier, informant and engineer
- Nicholas Raine - Soldier
- Similar to the Authority, the Resistance appears to be testing on Mutants, as evident by an examined Slime Mutant in the Subway Town base.