|“||Grinds locks until they break open.||„|
There are in total 14 locked grindable doors in the Campaign. The player finds one Lock Grinder in the Abandoned Distillery, and so will need to engineer 13 more to use through the game. Usually there are more than enough useful and/or valuable items behind the doors to make it well worth a Lock Grinder used to open it.
Below a list of the locked door locations and stored items.
- 1st door just blocks the way in.
- 2nd: Steel Blades, Antiseptic Formula, Cloth Rags, HE Grenades
- 3rd: Feltrite Crystals, Gas Can, Large Oil Cans, Buckshot
- Dead City: 2
- 1st: Pinkies, Food Cans, Hardware Packet, Ordnance Pack, Fatboys, Buckshot, Steel AR Rounds, Turret Barrel
- 2nd: Feltrite Crystals, Bandages, HE Grenades, Buckshot, Steel AR Rounds, Feltrite AR Rounds, wrench, Gas Tank, Small Battery Pack
- Wellspring Well: 1
- Subway Town : 1
- Gearhead Vault : 1
- Turret Barrels, Electrical Wire Kit, Oil Liters, Gas Liters, wrench, Small Objects (Huffer's Aerosol, Paint Cans)
- The door just blocks the way and could easily be avoided by using the ventilation shaft in the office nearby.
- Power Plant: 2
- 1st: Electro Bolts, Authority AV2x Rounds, Buckshot, Cloth Rags, Antiseptic Formula, Feltrite Crystals, Oil Can, Small Objects (Paint Can, Clipboard, Cheap Dress Shoes)
- 2nd: RC Bomb Car, Pop Rockets, Pulse Shot, Authority AV2x Rounds, Buckshot, Oil Can
Through The Scorchers DLC
- The Refinery: 1
- You can earn money by buying ingredients from vendors, combining them (once you get the schematic) and selling them back for a profit of $3 per one Lock Grinder (total cost: $69, selling price: $72). This is only possible when using the Wastelander or Crimson Elite armor, since both outfits have the 5% discount feature. The highest profit is achieved after building and selling the maximum number of Lock Grinders (98). This will allow you to purchase 4 additional sets of ingredients. Rinse and repeat. Always try to keep at least 98 sets of ingredients in your inventory so that if you start to run out of money, you can head back to a vendor and start off with the maximum profit.